Saturday

Truth?... What exactly is the Truth?



God:
   "I see that you have deeply internalized what you have remembered.
   "You understand clearly now."
Neale:
   "Thanks to you. I think I do. I think I've finally grasped, and really understood, the truth."
God:
   "Be careful. You mean your truth, right? THE truth does not exist as an objective reality.
   "Perspective creates perception, and perception creates experience. The experience that perception creates for you is what you call `truth.'
   "Your truth is what you actually experience. Everything else is what someone else has experienced-and has told you about.
   "This has nothing to do with you."
Neale:
   "There is no such thing as objective reality?"
God:
   "No. `Objective reality' is an oxymoron."
Neale:
   "Are you saying that nothing is as it appears?"
God:
   "I am saying just the opposite. Everything is as it appears. And appearances are based on perceptions. And perceptions are based on perspectives, and perspectives are not objective. They are subjective. They are not something that you experience, they are something that you choose."
Neale:
   "You just said this a minute ago. It was hard for me then, and it's hard for me now. I choose to have the perspectives that I have?"
God:
   "You do, indeed.
   That is the process by which you create."
Neale:
   "That's very difficult for me to believe."
God:
   "Then you will not believe it."
Neale:
   "With the result that-"
God:
   "-you will not experience it."
Neale:
   "So if I don't believe that I choose to have any perspective that I wish, then I cannot have any perspective that I wish."
God:
   "Just so."
Neale:
   "Because that is my perspective."
God:
   "Because that is your perspective.
   "And that will change your perception, which will change your experience-and your experience will reinforce your perspective."
Neale:
   "But I could argue that I did not choose that perception. It is simply what I observe, objectively."
God:
   "It is what you observe, given your perspective.
   "You observe nothing `objectively.'
   "Objective observation is impossible."
Neale:
   "Another oxymoron. `Objective observation' is an oxymoron."
God:
   "Yes.
   "Nothing that is observed is unaffected by the observer."


-------------
Book: Home With God, by Neale Donald Walsh - pgs 86-88.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

COMMENTS | COMENTÁRIOS